One of the smallest Czech spas with beautiful surroundings
About 40 km northwest of Pilsen is the only spa in the Pilsen region – Konstantinovy Lazne. It is one of the smallest Czech spas. This spa town lies in a very clean environment, very little affected by civilization, with springs of mineral acids with the highest content of carbon dioxide in the Czech Republic. A total of five springs are used for medicinal purposes. The greatest expansion of the spa was recorded after 1901. Spa services focus mainly on the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, diseases of the musculoskeletal system and metabolism. The town is surrounded by forests to the south and a large part of the town center is occupied by a spa park.
Priusík's spring is used for medicinal purposes, which is a natural ferric acid with an increased content of metasilicic acid. A cold spring with an average temperature of 9.1 C has a flow rate of 120 l / min. The drilling to a depth of 40 meters was carried out in 1966. The spring was named after the Prague professor of internal medicine and a great supporter of Konstantinovy Lázně, MUDr. Bohumil Prusík.
Glass drinking pavilion
Prusík's spring springs in the spa park in the place where today a glass drinking pavilion stands. Next to the pavilion, a well is sunk into the slope, from which mineral water is pumped.
Spa house Prusík
The main spa building is named after the prominent cardiologist Bohumil Prusík, MD. In 1928 it was rebuilt to its current form. Today, most medical procedures are concentrated in it.
Kiosk with mineral water in the spa park
On the west side of Prusík's house there is an old „round“ drinking pavilion with a kiosk with mineral water.
Peace Spa House
North of the spa park stands the spa house Mír, which has been a protected monument since December 2020. Experts appreciate this two-storey mansard-roofed house built in the 1920s as the most valuable representative of Cubist architecture in the locality.
Beautiful and large spa park, founded in 1872, occupies a large part of the village center. The park has wooden and stone sculptures, which were created during several years of sculpture symposia. The Reconciliation Cross is especially interesting.
In 2012, a 2.5-meter-high wooden statue of the „Spa Dude“ was erected on the modern „U fontány“ square, which became a symbol of the village center.
Church dedicated to St. The wife of the spa administrator, Sofia Pankratová, had it built on a small hill in the park by the Virgin Mary of Lourdes in 1899. It was originally a chapel that was promoted to a church in August 2000.
Giga List: The most beautiful trips to the Pilsen region
The Pilsen region is not just the city of Pilsen itself, famous for its beer. The whole region offers many other interesting… continue reading
Have you been there? Write a review of this place
Already rated by 0 travelers