The most famous tramp settlement
In the steep bend of the Vltava River, about 3.5 km east of Štěchovice, there is one of the oldest and most famous tramp settlements. Romantic nooks above the Midsummer streams have long been a popular place for trips and camping. The first settlers came to the places where the Vltava created a sandy beach under the Ant Rock after the war in 1918. The name of the settlement finally stabilized according to the then popular silent film cowgirl „Valley of Lost Hope“.
The settlement of Lost Hope or Ztracenkaka
The first settlers, who began to call themselves hikers, initially camped here in tents, and later the first huts began to emerge. The settlement grew rapidly and became a model for the establishment of other tramp settlements. A number of famous personalities, such as Jarka Mottl, drove here. Zdeněk Burian or Jarda Štercl.
Ant Rock is the most important place in the village. Today, a settlement totem and reverential columns have been built here, on which plaques with the names of the dead settlers are attached. In some cases, their ashes were scattered here. Entry to these places of worship is strictly forbidden.
The settlers still live a rich social, cultural and sporting life. The tradition of cross-country sports tournaments is maintained to this day.
The settlers hold traditional rallies, which are renowned for their rich program and performances by celebrities
The original huts were built along the river bank at the edge of the forest. These cottages were destroyed several times during the spring ice movements and were finally flooded in 1944 with water from the Štěchovická dam. A new settlement was therefore built in the forest above the swell zone. There was not much left of the original settlement, only a totem pole, a pillar of reverence and a few small monuments.
Have you been there? Write a review of this place
Already rated by 1 traveler
Pokud se nepletu osada Ztracená naděje vznikla v březnu 1918 a ne po válce. Jsou dochované paměti, kdy první trempové na tyto místa chodili už v roce 1914.